What's a lockdown Photographer to do !

You can come in , and out and in and out , it's like the hokey cokey ! What is a lockdown photographer to do ...

In my case I have been sorting out my slides, photo's and postcards , I also thought I had about or around 15, 000 saved....BIG no ! it's now closer to 93,000 !
That was a shock and a new hard drive and more backups were done in the most quick of manners.

I had great fun looking back on what I actually had/have some published and some have yet to see the light of day ...
below is one I had written about before for a now out of print magazine and redone for the E-Zine OLM 




Made me think about the things I do in my spare time and what photos am I actually aiming for in the long run?  Do I want to appear on the weather channels - nice - but folks you just get the kudos and no pay! The 'nationals' are a better bet, but again the shots used on a regular basis are quite niche, say we both took one of Blackpool Tower, one was a drone shot...guess which would be choosen! Not all can afford a drone or the cost that goes to create a professional image.





The above one was taken in 2014 on a trip with my wonderful mother - Kath Gregson - who had been treated by my dad - David Gregson - to have a flying lesson as an anniversary present - a local shop for the past two years have been asking the local population to submit photographs to use in a calender to raise money for charity , I have been proud to have been chosen to appear in the last two.

When I was on my travels ( seems so long ago now ! ) to take pictures of a building in town, a lady stopped me and said "Are you that Juliette that does the history ones?"
"Why yes, yes I am ! "
I still think it's me and a few friends that go *ohhh look at that *

For the future I shall continue to take my kooky shots and talk myself hear and there.. Life is too short to do something that you do not enjoy..










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blackpool's Palatine Buildings !

Devonshire Road Hospital.... soon to be ?

Fylde Farm