George Pub 2020 - October update !

 You may remember my last blog from June of this year 

https://juliettegregsonheritagephotographer.blogspot.com/2020/06/george-pub-2020_12.html

 Have a quick read to remind yourself of the history if you wish..

Well the pub is now being knocked down as I type this , the Blackpool Gazette ran a story on Monday , I went down Tuesday and a third of the building was gone ! 

 Very glad I went down to be honest as I think  this historic building will be gone by the end of the week.

 If you fancy some video's have a gander at my youtube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxBRm9kXrZorhmD_aKlcvrw 

At the moment no one seems to know what will happen with the land after, a car park was mentioned ! Flats or new houses ,, when I find out I will of course let you all know... so some more stills from another piece of heritage that is nearly gone ....

Around 1893 it was demolished for the George Hotel, a great centre for fisticuffs from the unruly element of Ibbison Street. After one brawl a man had to send for a doctor.

 



Locals say that the pub was going to be flats, but one of the structural beams had been taken out causing  the building to pull away from the foundations and walls. 

Phill Anderson kindly provided the next image - look at the wood ! 


One thing is for sure the locals of *Revoe* are going to miss the George ...




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blackpool's Palatine Buildings !

Devonshire Road Hospital.... soon to be ?

Fylde Farm