Derelict !

Why do I love old vintage buildings or one's in a state of dereliction ! It does seem that I am not the only one thank goodness !

My Junior school - Hawes Side has now been knocked down and rebuilt - below is the old hall


Next was Bispham High also known as Greenlands when I attended ( I could do an entire blog on that school but will not waste my time or yours ! )


I used to live near Arnold school and did wish I could attend - however the fee's were rather expensive - years later when they merged with King Edwards and Queen Mary's in Lytham the school had an auction around 2015 - of course I attended !


I have a thing about tiles you see , stair rails and old doorways ! Ohh it was a joy to capture the old fashioned style that was soon to be gone. I have tried to include old, new and nearly gone for you ! 




The new school has been named after Jimmy Armfield in the hope that it will be a fitting tribute to such a well-known local sportsman, a respected member of the Blackpool community and act as an inspiration to future pupils.

Alas the lovely gent has now recently just passed away , I took the above image of Jimmy in 2011 at one of the Civic Trust events , I must admit I had no idea who he was until we chatted. What a lovely gentleman, he was most amused when I explained I didn't watch or really like foortball !


Later in 2018 when parts of the building have been knocked down ( some area's are being kept ) and the new one is up and running I hope in later September to produce and new update and progress.



Comments

  1. I will check it on my main pooter as well as I only checked it on my iphone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blackpool's Palatine Buildings !

Devonshire Road Hospital.... soon to be ?

Fylde Farm