Published ! or how to blag getting yourself in a magazine or newspaper....

Over the years I have always had an interest in history and the heritage of the area and building in my town of Blackpool.  Nod to Dad ( David Gregson - get a camera he said ...) Mum ( Kath Gregson - look up and down and sideways that way you will not miss anything ! )

Vision magazine , alas now no longer being published let me write 4 articles as you can see below, 2 were local , one on St Mary's and the other about Carlton Crem.




I like to promote heritage open days , Fleetwood Civic Society were kind enough to use one I had taken on the Mount - However did you know this is the 2nd version !




Credit from ITV no less here , I was asked to provide postcards from my small collection to be used that involved the gent Rory Bremner.




A few years ago in St John's square we had a BIG wheel for a few weeks , I took a most surreal angle with the sculpture *Splash* along side.




Jane Littlewood runs various media sites and pages, and runs many competitions. I was delighted to win a chance to *switch on* Blackpool illuminations ! ( the year before I was one of the faces included that year ) Below is me and of course Christo during the switch - October 2013 - and very cold it was !




Martin Gardner runs the local and successful Link-Mag - he includes local photography as the cover images and over the years mine have been used quite a few times.





Wow Forgot I had this over 10 years ago a guest talk at the local Library !



Again over 10 years ago asked for help with paranormal and ghost tales and was contacted by a lovely lady - visited the property and managed to get quite a few odd images on the day ! Article below  with what we discovered from the Blackpool Evening Gazette.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blackpool's Palatine Buildings !

Devonshire Road Hospital.... soon to be ?

Fylde Farm